In this tutorial We are going to learn about the What is the main difference between two retesting and regression and we will learn the basic difference between Retesting vs Regression Testing.
- What is Retesting?
- Benefits of retesting
- Retesting vs Regression
- What To Do When There’s a Bug in Production
- What is the BEST Advice for A Software TESTER?
- Daily Habits of an Effective Software Tester QA
- How to Avoid Burnout as Software Tester at Work?
- Tell me About Yourself for QA Freshers / Experience
- 15 Most Useful Google Chrome Extensions for QA
What is Retesting?
In the retesting in software testing, It basically means testing a bug that has been fixed.Most of the Time Tester finds a bug in the Application(Web or mobile).
It logs it in the JIRA and Assign it to Dev, after dev fixes it, Dev assign back to Tester to verification.Now Tester verify the bug, This is known the Retesting.
Benefits of retesting
1. Test the cases that are failed only
2. Fast execution.
3. Only have to perform the important or failed cases
Retesting vs Regression
To confirm the test cases that failed in the final execution are passing after the defects are fixed.
To confirm whether a recent program or code change has not adversely affected existing features.
Retest are not automated.
Regression can be automated.
Only bug fixes related test-cases are checked.
Nearly all the testcases are checked in Regression.
Only fixed testcases are runned.
New code changes should not have any side effects to existing functionalities
👪 Join Facebook Our Community - http://bit.ly/learntesting2019
✅ Automation Community - https://thetestingacademy.com
🐦Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/itstechmode
📖 Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/scrolltest
🎤 Listen to our Podcast - https://anchor.fm/thetestingacademy