In this video, We are going to learn about the Karate API Testing Example where we will create Full GET/POST/PATCH/PUT/DELETE or we call it CRUD( Create, Read, Update and Delete) of Local API(Person API).
What you will Learn:
1. How to setup Karate in POM – Maven Project for CRUD API Testing.
2. How to create feature files for CRUD using Cucumber – Gherkin keywords
3. How to create test runner file with the custom tags.
4. How to path, url, pass different params in request in feature
5. How to validate API Response with match and assert.
✅ Download Source Code – https://apitesting.co/2cKG
✅ Download Notes(PPT) – https://sdet.live/karate-ppt
✅ Official Website for Learning Karate API Framework – https://github.com/intuit/karate
✅ What is Karate API?
Karate is an open-source API test automation tool. API tests are written using Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) Gherkin syntax
✅ We will learn difference between Karate vs Rest-assured.
Download the Doc. – https://sdet.live/karate-vs-restassured
✅ What is Karate Framework?
In this Karate Framework Tutorial, We are going to create the Own Karate API Testing Automation Framework, We will use the Person APIs(with JSON Server).
After that We will automate APIs of GitHub Repo V3.
There are multiple Karate API testing examples we are going to show you in this series.
✅ Why we Need Karate API Testing?
– Open source
– API Testing, Mocking,
– Performance Testing,
– UI Automation, Reporting
– Parallel Execution
– BDD Style, Native JSON/XML support.
– Readable syntax.
– Mix API and UI test-automation
✅ What is Karate Test Framework?
– Karate is BDD testing framework
– Developer by Peter Thomas in 2017 (intuit).
– Cucumber style of writing the program which follows the BDD approach.
– Easy to understand by non-programmers
– Only API testing tool that can Mock, Do performance testing, Mix UI
– Automation Testing.
– Written in Java.
– Reuse features, Embed JS engine., Multi Thread parallel Execution.
✅ What You should Know before Learning Karate API?
✅ First GET Call with Karate.
– Install JDK 8(Java in path) – https://sdet.live/jdk18
– Install Maven – https://sdet.live/maven
– Sad no Intelli-sense
– Install Visual Studio Code.
Sadly, We don’t have karate framework setup intellij, but you can visual studio for that which is recommended.
✅API Testing –
✅Cypress Tutorial with LIVE Projects –
🟢30 Days of Automation Testing
🟢30 Days of API Testing
🟢30 Days of Rest Assured
👪 Join our Community – http://bit.ly/learntesting2019
✅ Automation Tester Community – https://thetestingacademy.com
🐦Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/itstechmode
📖 Like us on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/scrolltest
🎤 Listen to our Podcast – https://anchor.fm/thetestingacademy
#karateapi #karateapitesting #karateframework #karateapiframework #karateapitestingframework