In this tutorial you will learn how to do JSON Schema Validation in Postman Step by Step.
🚀 What is JSON ?
🚀 What is JSON Schema ?
🚀 Why JSON Schema Validation required?
🚀 Basic JSON Schema example
🚀 How to do JSON Schema Validation in Postman Step by step
🚀 Tiny Validator for JSON Schema v4
What is JSON?
- JSON is a lightweight format for storing and transporting data
- JSON is often used when data is sent from a server to a web page
- JSON is "self-describing" and easy to understand
What JSON Schema?
JSON Schema is a contract for your JSON document that defines the expected data types and format of each field in the response
Why JSON Schema Validation required?
- Using JSON Schema to construct a model of your API response makes it easier to validate your API is returning the data is should.
- Monitor your API responses, ensuring they adhere to a specified format.
- Get alerted when breaking changes occur.
Generate JSON Schema
Object Assertions and check REQD Properties. We do this so that every element in the JSON becomes mandatory.Number Assertions and check Use number, not integer for all numeric instancesConfigure and Test using Postman